Volunteer Yard Maintenance 2020
To help ensure a tidy appearance to the exterior building and yard area of the Boys and Girls Club of Williams Lake.
- Pick up litter around the building including the following areas:
- The alley-way from 4th Ave. S. to 3rd Ave. S
- BGCWL property including cage, garden area, and under the deck (as able)
- Along 4th Ave. S from Oliver St. to Yorston St. (as per our Adopt-A-Block commitment)
- Pull weeds on BGCWL property including: garden and rocky areas around front and side of building, cage area (as able), and garden area.
- Help to maintain garden area including:
- Keeping area weed and garbage free
- Making improvements to garden beds as needed (painting/staining, replacing rotten frames, etc..)
- Assisting with watering gardens when they are planted (as needed)
- Maintaining a tidy compost area
- Return bottles to Williams Lake Bottle Depot once per month. Bottles can be dropped off. Please tell staff at bottle depot that they are to be donated to Boys and Girls Club of Williams Lake
- Detail both vans once per month including: wiping down all hard surfaces with warm water, vacuuming seats and floors, shaking out floor mats, and removing garbage from vehicles.
- Shovel snow around BGCWL including: sidewalk in front of building, stairs and ramps, cage area, and other areas that are difficult to reach with a snow plow.
- Assist with other outside tasks as directed.
Conditions of Volunteerism
- Volunteers must clear a Criminal Record Check
- Any additional duties beyond this list must be approved by the Program Services Leader
- Volunteers are not to interact with children and youth in our programs unless expressly asked and actively supervised by a staff member
- Volunteer must do work between 9am-noon, Monday to Friday
- No more than 4 hours may be volunteered in any week.